Among Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning we deliver an outstanding mattress cleaning service:
We not only clean and fresh your mattress from dirt and stains but also sanitizing, eliminating bacteria and dust mites who can cause Asthma and allergies.
Facts about uncleaned mattress and health issues
Mattresses collect dead cells from skin flakes, hair, dried body fluids, etc. This doesn’t mean if you shower before going to bed you would solve this. Simply because during the night micro particles known as dead cells are left on your bed sheets and pillows and then collected by your mattress. The same applies to fluids. If you sweating during the night, your body fluids are collected by your mattress, a tasty food for dust mites. Do you know that dust mites are the main causes of Asthma and allergies? Did you know that in Ireland there are around 470,000 people suffering from Asthma?
What is a dust mite?
House Dust Mites or HDM are arachnids, from the same species of spiders, but are barely visible to the eyes because are really small. To see them you would need a 10x magnifier as their size is about 0.25–0.3 millimetres in length. In a 10-week life span, just one house dust mite will produce approximately 2,000 fecal particles and an even larger number of partially digested enzyme-covered dust particles. Fecal dust mite particles are responsible for respiratory issues such as Asthma.
Dust mites are more likely to live and producing eggs where the temperature is within 15-20 C and also the humidity is in the range of 60-80% .
How often should I have my mattress cleaned by Chem2Clean?
If you look after your mattress following our advices below, you would need a professional cleaner once a year. There are also some examples where you will need to clean your mattress more often, such as in the case of urine stains, vomit or if somebody with flu sleeps in bed. This because when you have flu, your body temperature raises up causing the body to produce more body fluids.
How to take care of your mattress after it is cleaned by a professional?
- Ensure the room gets fresh air. Once you wake up in the morning open the bedroom window so exchanging the air will reduce the moisture and also you will breath fresh air. As a general health advice your bedroom should be always well ventilated to avoid also formation of mold.
- Vacuum the mattress and pillows regularly once a week: The best appliance should have an HEPA filter (High Efficiency Particulate Air) such as Dyson who can remove better the dust mites and also your skin flakes.
- Change the bedroom sheets once a week. Wash the bedroom sheets at 55 Degree Celsius to destroy all dust mites and bacteria. If you can, hang the sheets outside if there is a sunny day.
- If you feel comfortable, buy a mattress and pillow cover who will help in reducing the transfer from the sheets into the mattress.
- Avoid smoking in the bedroom and using an humidifiers. It will help in reducing moisture, perfect habitat for dust mites.
Why are we able to clean and sanitize your mattress?
We have a professional (and expensive) Truck mount cleaning system based on hot water extraction. Your mattress will be washed with hot water mixed to a professional detergent that will kill dust mistes and bacteria. At the same time all the dirt will be removed from your mattress. What you will get in the end is a fresh and hygienic mattress.